Buy land, they’re not making it anymore – Mark Twain
The real estate sector in India like many other areas is regulated by a comprehensive web of central and state legislation including the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act. Our Real Estate practice helps the clients decipher this web and to accomplish the desired transaction. We represent real estate developers, users and financers including lenders and investors and advise on all aspects of real estate transactions including:
- Compliances, registrations and reporting under RERA, the jurisdictional town and country planning offices, municipal corporations and other regulatory bodies.
- Negotiation of real estate acquisitions and sales anywhere in India, drafting of conveyance, financing and other documents and securing registration and enforcement of the agreements through judicial process.
- Leases, sub-leases and license arrangements for retail, office space, industrial and commercial space.
- Real estate development and construction agreements for commercial, industrial, mixed use and residential complexes.
- Real estate financing, structuring and drafting of documentation for mortgages, trust deeds and other financing transactions; and
- Land acquisition process, title searches, appearances before regulatory authorities for permissions and approvals.
- Edvance Pre-Schools, assisted in undertaking title verification for three different office premises situated in Gurugram and Chandigarh, proposed to be taken on lease within the commercial complexes developed by DLF, a leading real estate developer of India, for the purposes of setting up day care/creche centres, in termination of a leave and license agreement for its existing pre-school in Hyderabad, due to the school being forced to closure on account of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hill Top India Warehousing LLP, assisted the client in setting-up and incorporation of the LLP and in acquisition of 12 acres of land on lease basis in Haryana, from individual land owners, for setting-up a warehouse, in review and finalization of the term sheet for lease with a leading e-commerce company (Amazon), of the proposed warehouse being constructed on said 12 acres of land.
- Expedient Healthcare Marketing Private Limited, assisted in review and finalization of the lease deed for its office premises in Gurugram and master rental agreements for the furniture, advised on the exit procedure and formalities concerning the lease deed and maintenance agreement executed for office premises and preparing and sending notices for suspension of lease rentals under the lease deeds executed for its office premises in different states within India in view of the lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- IMS Society, Dehradun, assisted in title verification of approximately 1 acre of land in Mumbai, for setting-up an IB school in affiliation with an international school brand;
- Goldspace LLP, assisted in potential acquisition of 40 acres of land from different individual landowners in Haryana for setting up a warehouse and assistance in negotiations of arrangement and agreements with DHL for lease of the land for setting-up the warehouse by DHL;
- Ryan Schools, assisted in arrangement for operating a K12 CBSE affiliated school in Mumbai, which assignment included study of the terms and conditions for use of land imposed by CIDCO (a statutory authority in Mumbai) for operating a K12 school on CIDCO allotted land and advising on the same;
- Thea Kitchen (Biryani Blues), review of several lease deeds executed for different restaurant premises across India for deferment/suspension of payment of lease rentals to different land owners due to closure of restaurants on account of the nationwide lockdown caused due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Global Indian School Education Services Private Limited, assisted the client in conducting a title verification of 5 acres of land (erstwhile owned by Ansals) situated within a residential township in Gurugram, Haryana, for setting up a K12 school.
- Felix Plaza (BarMalt Group), advise on construction and development contract for construction of a commercial shopping mall/building named ‘Felix Plaza’ in Gurugram and representation in negotiation and finalisation of commercial documentation.
- Bliss Inns Private Limited, assisting and advising the client, managing more than 100 properties spread across 17 states in India, in negotiating and execution of agreements executed with the owners of the properties for taking over the management of the properties, day-to-day issues with the owners of such properties and day to day advise on employee matters.
- APT Infrastructure Private Limited, assisting and advising the client on day to day issues and operations for its residential project “Taksila Heights” in Gurugram, Haryana including issuance of legal notices, maintenance notices, etc.