To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions – Steve Jobs
With the increasing entry of global entities into India and the growing awareness of intellectual property protection within India, not only is valuable intellectual property entering India but Indian companies are also enthused to protect their intellectual property assets. To improve and expand safeguards for intellectual property simultaneously with developments in commerce and trade, the industry, Government and the judiciary are increasingly working cohesively.
LexCounsel’s Intellectual Property Lawyers assist the clients on all aspects of protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including:
- Trademarks and Service Marks Filing, drafting, renewal, restoration, prosecution and hearing; applications for registration of trade mark/certification mark for single and additional classes, for registration of a registered user, for directions for advertisement of assignment without goodwill, for amendment and for change of name/address for service and for variation; oppositions, rectifications and appeals; response and hearing before the Registry; request for Registrar’s advice as to distinctiveness; conducting searches for mark in one or more classes; and drafting of all documentation including affidavits, assignment/license deeds and registered user agreements.
- Copyright Filings, drafting, prosecution and appearances; applications for registration of copyright, for license for translation/publication/reproduction, for prevention of importation of infringing copies and for registration of changes in the register of copyrights.
- Patents Filings, preparation of documents, prosecution and withdrawals; applications with provisional or complete specification, for registration of document/title, claims, priority claims, requests for examination of applications, and amendments; preparation of drawings; name index searches, equivalent patent or subject matter searches; inspection of Register of Patents; drafting assignment/license deeds, oppositions, litigation and opinions.
- Representation before offices of the Trade Marks Registry, Patent Office, Intellectual Property Appellate Board, the Registrar of Copyrights, District Courts and High Courts across the country, and the Supreme Court of India.
Notable Representations of LexCounsel's Intellectual Property Lawyers
- CPA Global India, assisted in intellectual property management in view of the Trade Marks Act and Patent Act.
- Enso Tyres Limited, representing the company before the Registrar of Trade Marks with its trade mark registration application.
- Symbiosis Educational Consultants, Inc., assisted the client, a US company engaged in developing online learning and development solutions for higher educational institutions, in its intellectual property, trade mark protection related matters in India.
- Indian School of Development Management, assisted in protection of its intellectual property including trade mark registrations and online advert campaigns.
- IMS Society, Dehradun, assisted in proposed collaboration with an international school brand for setting up IB schools in India.
- Slingshot Learning, assisted in undertaking detailed trade mark searches and preparing search reports.
- Emerald Heights School, Madhya Pradesh, advised on hosting of Round Square International Conference in India, issues connected with licensing of rights by Round Square to the client for use of know-how and brand name and advise on agreements and support documentation.
- Sendinblue SAS, France related to protection of software developed by employee as a literary work, limitations of Indian Patents Act concerning inventions and advice concerning rights related to ideas.
- Fortune Park Moksha Hotel representation before the District Court in Chandigarh in a dispute related to infringement of trade mark “Moksha”.
- Expedient Healthcare Marketing Private Limited in preparation and submission of trade mark applications for registration of different marks.