Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning – Bill Gates
LexCounsel has an extensive practice in the areas of licensing, franchising and trading, advising clients on government policy framework, regulatory and compliance issues, industry specific contractual, tax and other legal issues. The members of the Firm regularly advise clients on foreign investment regulations for trading activities, technical and trademark collaboration in India and repatriation structures.
The industry specific assignments that the members of the Firm regularly advise on, conduct and negotiate include:
- Master franchise, trademark license and exclusive wholesale customer.
- Arrangements, with and without manufacturing, for global luxury and non-luxury brands.
- Regulatory approvals, single and multi brand business arrangements, acquisitions of single and multi brandtrading activities in India.
- Distribution and retail agreements with sub-licensees/distributors in various trade channels.
- Manufacturing license and contract manufacturing agreements, sub-contract manufacturing arrangements.
- Establishment of online stores and supply to government and private institutions, sales to multi brand outlets,wholesale customers, shop-in-shop arrangements on consignment and outright sales basis.
- Customer loyalty programs, membership reward programs and other benefit programs.
- Protection of IP rights and enforcement.
- Revenue based real estate arrangements specific to retail business.
- Licenses and registrations under local and central laws. and
- Litigation arising from disputes between brand owners and licensees, licensees and retailers, consumer disputes, property disputes, etc.
Our team of Retail and Franchising lawyers have represented many clients and brands including:
- Swiss watch manufacturer in its IP related issues.
- A technology company in transfer of intellectual rights of technology with pending provisional patent application. and
- Educomp in business transfer involving assignment of intellectual property including trademark and copyrighted content