Mergers & Acquisition, Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Venture Capital & Private Equity, Education, Media & Entertainment, Franchising, Software/IT, Business Process Outsourcing, General Corporate and Commercial.
Dhruv Manchanda has over 10 years of experience and has extensively advised in areas including General Corporate and Commercial Laws, Labour and Employment Laws, ‘Not-for-Profit’ Entities, Education Laws, Information Technology Laws, Food Laws, Insurance Laws, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Intellectual Property, Real Estate.
Dhruv was nominated as Next Gen Lawyer in Legal 500 rankings in the year 2018 and Next Gen Partner in the Legal 500 rankings for the year 2019 and 2020.
- Dhruv has been engaged in corporate and commercial practice including mergers, acquisitions, assistance in due diligence investigations/regulatory audits, review of contracts and advising on risk mitigation and standardization, transactional structuring, advising on entry strategies into India, strategic alliances, representation in joint ventures, setting up subsidiary companies, investment and divestment, foreign equity restrictions and caps, setting up liaison offices, etc.
Primary Areas of Practice
- Advised on different forms of ‘not-for-profit’ entities in India in compliance with central and state legislations, registration and setting up procedure, post registration/setting-up compliances, obtaining ancillary licenses and registrations, assisted in setting up ‘not-for-profit’ entities, receipt and utilization of funds by ‘not-for-profit entities’, available tax exemptions, review of consultancy and grant agreements, etc.
- Engaged in conducting regulatory audits and advising on compliances under the Labour and Employee laws, information technology laws, environment laws, company law and foreign exchange management laws of India and has advised companies on employee related matters such as provident fund issues, gratuity issues, restructuring of operations vis-à-vis employees, compensation and benefits upon termination, severance benefits, obtaining statutory registrations, procedure for termination of managerial and junior level employees, framing HR policies, review of employment agreements, etc.
- Dhruv has also been regularly involved in advising on and undertaking title verification and land due diligence in connection with acquisition of land for setting up K12 schools across different states in India, drafting, review and negotiations on various different agreements, viz. lease deeds for commercial premises, hotel management agreements, leave and license agreements, franchise/collaboration agreements for setting up resorts across India, represented a leading resort company in contractual issues with owners, advised a leading hospital chain in review and negotiation of an operation, development and management agreement for management of a hospital; advising on applicable restrictions and regulations for usage of property by a diplomatic entity including advise on payment of property taxes.
- Involved in advising an international company on the permitted ingredients in the nutraceutical products proposed to be introduced in India in view of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and regulations thereunder and assisted in obtaining approvals for the nutraceutical products from Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
- Dhruv has advised on structuring models for provision of educational services in compliance with applicable education regulations and guidelines, applicability of and compliance with state education regulations, right of children to free and compulsory education act, CBSE and ICSE affiliation bye-laws, etc.
Dhruv has co-authored in a publication by LexisNexis – “Lissack and Horlick on Bribery and Corruption” on the chapter “Anti-bribery Laws of India” chapter.
Dhruv regularly writes articles which are published at Mondaq (an international professional website).
English and Hindi
Bar Council of Delhi.
- B.A.LL.B (Hons.) from Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi in 2010
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Laws from Asian School of Cyber Laws in 2011