If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration ― Nikola Tesla
“In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity” is true for the infrastructure sector in India. Today as India is on the course of being a global economic power, it aspires to showcase world class infrastructure and facilities and thus presents unmatched opportunities for investors, businesses and service providers.
The Firm represents sponsors, project companies, commercial lenders, development banks, international financial institutions, borrowers, contractors, including equipment manufacturers and vendors involved in major infrastructure, transportation and water projects, including the development, financing and construction of energy projects (power, oil and gas), petrochemical projects, mining projects, highways, ports, airports and other major infrastructure projects our areas of advise include:
- Structuring and documentation of project financing and additional funding for infrastructure projects.
- Drafting and negotiation of joint venture agreements, public-private partnership arrangements and other commercial documentation for infrastructure projects, review of co-operation, state support and concession agreements.
- Drafting and negotiations of contract for design, procurement and civil engineering construction works and review of EPC contracts, establishment of entities, conducting research and development in the areas of energy saving and pollution control, manufacturing of steam/gas turbines and erection of stators at project sites.
- Drafting and review of power project documentation including power purchase agreements, equipment procurement contracts, operations and maintenance agreements, wheeling agreements, fuel sale agreements, coal purchase agreements and sponsor support agreements.
- Transactional and regulatory advise in the Power, Oil and Gas sectors and advise on transmission and distribution licenses, joint exploration agreements, power trading arrangements and production sharing agreements, exploration, mining and production of hydrocarbons, pipeline projects, international joint development agreements, farm-out agreements, petroleum exploratory licenses, acquisition and disposition of Power Projects and Oil & Gas assets.
- Issues encountered by infrastructure projects and advise on revival of the power generation projects.
- Representation on bids for allocation of coal blocks by the Government of India for power projects and for coal to liquid projects and development and operation of coal to liquid facilities, advise on bidding for and engaging in contract coal mining operations and mining leases.
- OJSC Power Machines, Russia on power projects including bid for the Rajasthan Government’s 2×660 MW Super Critical Thermal Power Station.
- Finance options for implementation/execution of mining lease operations.
- Advice on possibility of reviving Daewoo’s 1070(2×535) MW thermal power plant in the State of Chhattisgarh.
- Advice on additional investment in Coastal Energen’s 1080 (3×360) MW thermal power plant in Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu. and
- Due diligence of a 3MW hydel power project at Distt. Kullu, Himachal Pradesh.